Dr. Joan Vernikos is a well-known expert in stress and healthy aging. Since retiring from NASA as Director of Life Sciences following a career there as both a researcher and administrator, she has committed to bringing her knowledge and insights on healthy living to the general public. Check out her website here.
Click here to listen to the show on iTunes where you can listen, download and subscribe to the show.
Click here to listen to the show on Stitcher streaming radio where you can listen and subscribe to the show.
Today we discuss
- How NASA and primal sitting habits relate
- Why gravity is so good for you
- How many times should we go from sitting to standing a day? (at least 25)
- The difference between sitting for a long period of time with or without breaks
- Sensory deprivation tanks and the potential benefits of gravity reduction
- Roller coasters and other gravity inducing thrills are good for you!